Island Sisters



Wow. My Pohnpei girls. This post means so much to me. I'm introducing you to the people that inspire me the most. These girls are my role models. 

Lindsey, Mads, Em, Tay, Bianca, and Ivette. 

I can still remember the day that we all met in Hawaii. We were all so nervous and quiet. We didn't know that we would soon be sisters. I remember being in Hawaii and trying to get to know each other. We spent time together as a group and definitely started to connect. We went shopping, hiking, and exploring together. BUT, that was only the beginning of our adventures.

 I can't even explain how much these girls meant to me throughout the year. We experienced so much together. We experienced the excitement of moving to a new country. We struggled with learning how to become teachers. We helped and encouraged each other. We laughed and cried together. We had so many fun adventures! From getting chased by dogs to all of our skirt shopping and food runs. They gave me the happiest memories. They literally made my year.

 I've realized that I would have been so completely lost without these girls. They helped me to learn and grow. They gave me advice and turned me towards Jesus. As I've said before, I was pretty lost in my relationship with God. I really was not prioritizing Him like I should have been. However, I was still seeing His example through them everyday. God was present in my life continuously. He gave me people to encourage me and to help me learn. I've never felt more accepted by a group of girls. They really became my sisters and made me feel loved. They all showed me a different version of Christ's love. They showed me patience, kindness, generosity, creativity, passion, etc. I know that God sent us all their together for a reason. He gave me these examples to push me to seek that in my own life. God truly blessed me with the most loving and understanding friends. I strive to be more like them. 

This has all helped me to realize the importance of friendship and community. It definitely reflects when we surround ourselves with the right people. They will bring so much happiness into your life. They help you to become a better person. My island sisters make me want to be a better person. They make me want to be more like Christ. What a blessing to experience that. I needed that in my life and I'm thankful that God gave it to me through them. So, I can thank these girls for so much of the change that I'm already experiencing. God definitely worked through them to reach me. 

As I end, I just want to encourage you to think about who you are surrounding yourself with. Are you friends bringing you closer to God or tearing you down? Are they motivating you to become a better person or to make bad decisions? It all makes a difference. It changes us. Surround yourself with people that will change your life for the better. Choose the people that you believe God has placed in your life. They're in your life for a reason. 


Comments